|Family Disaster Plan (American Red Cross - FEMA - Federal Emergency Management Agency, 1997, 4 p.)|
Keep enough supplies in your home to meet your needs for at least three days. Assemble a Disaster Supplies Kit with items you may need in an evacuation. Store these supplies in sturdy, easy-to-carry containers such as backpacks, duffle bags or covered trash containers.
· A three - day supply of water (one gallon per person per day) and food that wont spoil.
· One change of clothing and foot-wear per person, and one blanket or sleeping bag per person.
· A first aid kit that includes your familys prescription medications.
· Emergency tools including a battery-powered radio, flashlight and plenty of extra batteries.
· An extra set of car keys and a credit card, cash or travelers checks.
· Sanitation supplies.
· Special items for infant, elderly or disabled family members.
· An extra pair of glasses.
Keep important family documents in a waterproof container. Keep a smaller kit in the trunk of your car.