|Family Disaster Plan (American Red Cross - FEMA - Federal Emergency Management Agency, 1997, 4 p.)|
Evacuate immediately if told to do so:
- Listen to your battery - powered radio and follow the instructions of local emergency officials.
- Wear protective clothing and sturdy shoes.
- Take your Disaster Supplies Kit.
- Lock your home.
- Use travel routes specified by local authorities dont use shortcuts because certain areas may be impassable or dangerous.
If youre sure you have time:
- Shut off water, gas and electricity before leaving, if instructed to do so.
- Post a note telling others when you left and where you are going.
- Make arrangements for your pets.