|How to Act after Accidents caused by Electrical Current - Course: Basic skills and knowledge of electrical engineering. Trainees' handbook of lessons (Institut für Berufliche Entwicklung, 20 p.)|
|3. Immediate Measures after an Accident Caused by Electric Current|
If the respiration stops, there is acute danger of life!
Artificial respiration must be started immediately after the injured person is rescued.
- Open the mouth of the injured person by hands.
· Kneel down above the head of the injured person.
· Put both your thumbs on the lower jaw of the injured person, left and right thumbs pointing to the tip of the chin.
· Get hold of the lower jaw with the fingers of both hands.
· Press the lower law downwards thumbs and fingers acting as a lever.
- Opening the mouth of the injured person with the mouth opener.
· Kneel down on the right side of the injured person.
· Press the thumb of your left hand between the lips of the injured person thus exposing the row of teeth.
· Open the clenched jaws with the help of the mouth opener.
- Cleaning of the oral cavity.
- Overstretching the head in order to make the upper respirator tract accessible.
· Put one hand on the forehead of the injured person and - without force - pull his head back.
· By the other hand raise the lower jaw.
Figure 2 - Overstretching of the head
If after the overstretching of the head respiration does not start visibly and audibly, artificial respiration must be started immediately!
Carrying out of the artificial respiration
Why is a person who has lost consciousness in danger of suffocation?
Figure 3 - Danger of suffocation in a state of unconsciousness - 1 Respiration tract, 2 Tongue