|Creative Training - A User's Guide (IIRR, 1998)|
|Self-expression through pictures|
· erasers and/or 2 cm thick slices of potatoes or any other
vegetable that can be cut to give a hard, smooth surface.
· stamp pads of different colored ink
Printing from natural objects is particularly effective when the
theme you want to explore is how participants perceive the natural
1. Ask the participants to cut designs out of erasers or potatoes. If using erasers, all six sides can be used. Encourage participants to explore using different widths of cut. Tell them to press the eraser/potato into the ink and print from it.
2. Allow 30 minutes for this variation, because practising how to make the cuts takes time.
3. Then follow steps 3-5 in the main method.