|Better Farming Series 27 - FreshWater Fish Farming: How to Begin (FAO, 1979, 43 p.)|
77. Feed your fish every day.
78. You can give them many things to eat. You can give them
· cassava leaves and cassava wastes
· grain mill sweepings
· rice bran
· beer wastes
· cotton seed pounded in a mortar
· slaughterhouse wastes
· spoiled fruit
· kitchen waste
79. Feed your fish in the shallow part of the pond so that you can see them eat.
See the fish eat
80. Feed your fish only what they will eat each day. Do not give them more than they can eat.
81. If your fish are healthy they will eat quickly.
82. If they do not eat all their food give them a little less the next day. If they eat everything quickly give them a little more the next day.
83. Do not forget to add a bucket of compost every week to the compost crib in the pond.
Add a bucket of compost