|Treatment of Lines for Mobile Devices and Appliances - Course: Basic skills and knowledge of electrical engineering. Trainees' handbook of lessons (Institut für Berufliche Entwicklung, 21 p.)|
|3. Connection of Lines to Mobile Devices and Appliances|
- The order of plug and socket and/or coupler socket in the circuit is determined by the direction of the power flow.
- Plug and socket and/or coupler socket must be arranged in such a way that, under no circumstances, the plug pins are alive as long as they are not plugged in.
Figure 30 Direction of a power flow
1 socket, 2 plug, 3 appliance plug-socket, 4 appliance coupler, 5 cable
- For the supply of a number of devices or appliances fixed multiple sockets with earthing contact or mobile multiple sockets with earthing contact are preferred.
- It is not permissible to use plug-in devices in connection with lampholders and of free distributing plugs, even with shock protection.
- To a plug, a coupler socket or an appliance coupler only one mobile cable is allowed to be connected.
Figure 31 Correct installation of a mobile appliance connecting cable
1 plug, 2 coupling