|Straightening - Course: Technique of working sheet metals, pipes and sections. Trainees' handbook of lessons (Institut für Berufliche Entwicklung, 16 p.)|
|Hints on Labour Safety|
|1. Purpose of Straightening|
|2. Tools, Devices and Auxiliary Means|
|3. Processes within the Material|
|4. Techniques of Straightening|
Generally, the same labour safe regulations apply to the straightening techniques as to the techniques of hammering and bending.
Special attention has to be paid to the following points:
- Do only use hammers that are provided with tightly fitting handles - the handle of the hammer must be firmly wedged with the hammer head.
- Choose the right support for hammering - a hard and rigid support is required.
- Workpieces that have to be clamped must be clamped firmly in the clamping devices, so that the hammer blows cannot tear them away.
- When working with presses make sure that your hands and head are protected.
- Working with welding torches is allowed only after previous instructions given by the instructor.
- Always pay attention to fire protection - place water ready for fire fighting; do not work near inflammable materials.