|How to Act After accidents caused by Electrical Current - Course: basic skills and knowledge of electrical engineering. Methodical guide for instructors (Institut für Berufliche Entwicklung, 16 p.)|
|2. Organizational Preparation|
Before beginning the exercises, a brief instruction has to be given as to the expert use of the working means and to working free of accidents.
It is recommendable to start a book on labour safety instructions, in which all instructions on safe working and proper use of the working means are entered in brief outlines. The trainees confirm by their signatures that they have participated in the respective instruction.
The following instructions should be included:
- Protection of the rescuer while rescuing the injured person out of the fault-current circuit.
- Name and workshop place of an educated first-aid attendant.
- Working hours and telephone number of the next first-aid post.
- Name, address and telephone number of the department or office of the enterprise disposing of a car for the transportation of injured people.
- Address and telephone number of the office in charge of ambulance service.
- Address and telephone number of the next clinic or outpatient's department.
- Practical exercise at a person must not be detrimental to the health of that person. (Artificial respiration and cardiac massage are only indicated!)
Possible further hints on labour safety are given to the respective local conditions.