|How to Act After accidents caused by Electrical Current - Course: basic skills and knowledge of electrical engineering. Methodical guide for instructors (Institut für Berufliche Entwicklung, 16 p.)|
|2. Organizational Preparation|
In order to guarantee a smooth course of instructions and exercises, it is necessary to organize and prepare the lessons well.
This includes the following steps:
Before beginning the exercises, a brief instruction has to be given as to the expert use of the working means and to working free of accidents.
It is recommendable to start a book on labour safety instructions, in which all instructions on safe working and proper use of the working means are entered in brief outlines. The trainees confirm by their signatures that they have participated in the respective instruction.
The following instructions should be included:
- Protection of the rescuer while rescuing the injured person out of the fault-current circuit.
- Name and workshop place of an educated first-aid attendant.
- Working hours and telephone number of the next first-aid post.
- Name, address and telephone number of the department or office of the enterprise disposing of a car for the transportation of injured people.
- Address and telephone number of the office in charge of ambulance service.
- Address and telephone number of the next clinic or outpatient's department.
- Practical exercise at a person must not be detrimental to the health of that person. (Artificial respiration and cardiac massage are only indicated!)
Possible further hints on labour safety are given to the respective local conditions.
For theoretical instructions the trainees need a place where they can take notes. Recommendable is a room with blackboard, desks and electric connection.
If the instructions are given in the workshop or at the working place, clean pads should be on the working tables, so that the trainees can make notes.
For practical demonstration during the instructions, an exercising place with the following equipment should be available:
- Equipment required for rescuing an injured person out of the fault-current circuit or auxiliary means that may be used for this purpose.
- Fire-fighting equipment suited for extinguishing fire in electric plants.
- Materials required for the preparation of an alkalinization solution.
- Dummy or anatomical model.
- Materials required for first-aid measures with injured people.
- Mouth opener.
- Mouth respiration apparatus, mouth masks.
- Blankets, safety belts.
The "Trainees' Handbook of Lessons - How to Act After Accidents Caused by Electric Current" is distributed among the trainees. Diagrams are prepared before the lesson in the form of blackboard drawings.
As a theoretical basis for the practical exercises, distribute the "Instruction Examples for Practical Vocational Training-How to Act After Accidents Caused by Electric Current" among the trainees according to their number.
The materials required for the exercises are to be prepared on the basis of the "Instruction Examples..." in sufficient quantity. Each trainee must have a place for exercise.
Starting from the total number of teaching hours, the time for each respective section of this lesson should be planned individually. Time planning is recommended for the following sections:
- Introduction into the respective working technique in the form of an instruction.
- Required demonstration.
- Task-related instructions in preparation of the exercisees.
- Carrying out of the exercises.
- Recapitulations and tests.
For time planning take into consideration the following factors:
- The level of education of the trainees.
- The training conditions.
- The future field of working of the trainees.
- The degree of difficulty of the respective section.
The main stress of each section is on the acquisition of abilities and skills by exercises.
If, despite a good planning, it should come to waiting times for the trainees, these should be filled by small corresponding tasks such as the preparation of materials for the exercises.