The health defect and the life of the injured person depend to a
high degree on the correct rescue work.
First aid measures - Rescue and bedding of the injured
- Artificial respiration in the case of respiratory
- Cardiac massage in the case of cardiac arrest
- First wound treatment
- Calling medical help
Measures in the case of unconsciousness (survey)
Measures in a state of consciousness
- Let the injured person drink an alkalinized
(Sodium hydrogencarbonate drinking ampoule or two table-spoonfuls
of bicarbonate of soda in 1 l water.)
- Only then treatment of secondary wounds, such as
immobilization of fractures etc..
- give the injured person any medicine!
- Do not pour
any fluids down an injured person's throat! (Danger of suffocation).
- Do not
touch open wounds with hands.
- Do not remove foreign bodies that have
penetrated the body.
Reanimation must be continued until clear signs of returning
life are visible or a medical doctor orders to stop the measures.
What information should an information board of first aid give?
Every person who had an accident caused by electric current has
to be considered as seriously injured. Such person must not be left alone!