|Maths Games (VSO)|
Things to remember when playing any of the games:
1. The games should be fun. If a child has difficulty counting then the whole group can help by counting together.
2. The children should always choose their own counter to move in the game. They are then far more likely to remember it as theirs.
3. The children should be encouraged to give the die (or cloth bag or counting sticks) to the next player themselves.
4. When a child moves their counter, they should always be encouraged to 'count on', as most children will start with the number they are already placed on.
5. Always praise the children. Playing these games equips them with valuable skills but can also be difficult for the children at first.