|Shearing - Course: Technique of working sheet metals, pipes and sections. Trainees' handbook of lessons (Institut für Berufliche Entwicklung, 17 p.)|
|6. Sequence of Selected Shearing Operations|
- Scribe sheet as to accurately to size.
- Exactly set shear horizontally with 15° wide jaws onto the scribed line and align.
Figure 25. Tinners snip jaws correctly opened
- Cut in the sheet, but do not close the shear completely, otherwise the sheet is laterally torn at the end of cut.
- Continue shoving the shear by repeatedly opening the jaws.
- Again cut in the sheet up to the preset length.