|Shearing - Course: Technique of working sheet metals, pipes and sections. Trainees' handbook of lessons (Institut für Berufliche Entwicklung, 17 p.)|
|6. Sequence of Selected Shearing Operations|
- Scribe sheet as to accurately to size. In case of improper surface, punch-mark scribed line for control. Scrap side should be the right-hand sheet side, if possible.
- Check blade clearance on shear and re-adjust, if required. Shove sheet far into the shear blades, align scribed line with upper and lower shear blades - scrap side should be right-hand.
- Set hold-down bar on left-hand sheet surface and release hand-lever lockage.
- Pull hand-lever evenly downwards and follow up cutting effect and cutting direction of upper shear blade. As for longer cuts take heed of continuously feeding sheet metal.
Figure 26. Sheet correctly placed on the lever shear
1 workpiece side, 2 waste side
Do not completely lower the upper shear blade, as the shear blade end causes transverse cracks in the sheet!
- Completely cut the sheet through at the end - again lock the hand lever.
- Release toe dog and pull sheet out of the shear.
- Immediately throw the extremely bent waste material always rendering on the shears right-hand side (in line of vision to the shear) into the waste container.
Do not let cut-off and bent sheet pieces lie on ground - risk of getting injured
What is to be expected in the sheet metal when the shear blades
Why should the scrap side of a sheet be always situated on the