|Teacher Training: a Training Guide (Peace Corps, 1986, 249 p.)|
Total time: 1/2 hour
Objectives: By the end of the session, the participants will be able to
- identify the strengths and weaknesses of the lays
- evaluate the training methods used during the day.
- discuss the cross-cultural issues of teacher training.
Materials: training outline, participants notes
a. Discussion 30 minutes
1. Look through the training design and your notes. What activities do you remember doing today?
2. Which of these activities did you like, or find interesting, or fun?
3. Which ones didnt you like, or find difficult, or boring?
4. Which training techniques did you find effective? Why?
5. Which techniques tit you not find effective? Why?
6. You have just discussed which of the different training techniques you personally find effective. Lets now look at those techniques in a cultural contest. Which training techniques or aspects of clinical supervision do you think will be the easiest to integrate into your own teacher training? Why?
7. Which will be the most difficult to introduce? Why?
8. Choose one technique that you think may be culturally inappropriate for your situation, ant write down on a piece of paper what you could do to make it more culturally sensitive and appropriate.
Trainers notes: The procedures for the discussion are the same as for day 1.