|Life Skills for Young Ugandans - Primary Teachers' Training Manual (UNICEF, 190 p.)|
|Section Two: Methodologies and Training Session Activities|
This section is divided into two parts. Part A looks at activities and methodologies which create a good atmosphere, build unity and openness among the participants and encourage participation. Part B looks at specific workshop activities for introducing life skills training.
By the end of this section, participants should be able to:
1. Explain the purpose of ice breakers and energisers
2. Use the activities outlined in the section
3. Use life skills approaches and procedures in their daily teaching.
4. Develop simple life skills techniques for dealing with difficult participants during a class
5. Use participatory methodologies to elicit and build on participants knowledge and attitudes
6. Use the workshop activities as a means of introducing a training session on lift? skills