|How to Act after Accidents caused by Electrical Current - Course: Basic skills and knowledge of electrical engineering. Trainees' handbook of lessons (Institut für Berufliche Entwicklung, 20 p.)|
|3. Immediate Measures after an Accident Caused by Electric Current|
It has to be supposed that the injured person has just been rescued.
- Prevent hypothermia by putting blankets underneath and on the person.
- Administration of an alkalinized solution.
(Bevore giving the injured person the alkalinized solution, the rescuer must try it in order to avoid that the injured person gets a cauterization. Inform the medical staff about the alkalinization.)
- Treatment of wounds and secondary injuries. (Only first aid.)
- Examination of the pulse and respiration, especially during the first 30 minutes.
- Calling a second rescuer.
- Calling medical help.
- Preparation of transportation of the injured person to further medical treatment.
What has to be considered with the treatment of wounds and