|How to Act After accidents caused by Electrical Current - Course: basic skills and knowledge of electrical engineering. Methodical guide for instructors (Institut für Berufliche Entwicklung, 16 p.)|
At the end of the training, the trainees should have achieved the following aims:
- The trainees have acquired the necessary knowledge and skills for acting correctly after accidents caused by electric current.
- The trainees know how to use instructions on first aid.
- The trainees are able to render first aid quickly, safely and carefully after accidents caused by electric current.
- The trainees observe the labour safety regulations.
In order to achieve the above mentioned aims, the following contents have to be imparted by the instructor:
- Effects of electric currents on the human organism.
- Rules of conduct and hints on labour safety concerning the safety of the rescuer.
- First aid measures after accidents caused by electric current.
- Finding and rescuing of the injured person.
- Rendering first aid.
- Artificial respiration of the injured person.
- Carrying out of the cardiac massage.
- Preparing the injured person for transporation.