|WHO Information Series on School Health - Document 3 - Violence Prevention: An Important Element of a Health-promoting School (UNESCO - WHO, 1999, 61 p.)|
Some recommendations for making school policies and structures sustainable:
· Collaborate with national, regional and international agencies.
· Improve the flow of information to reach the persons who can and need to use it. Encourage and facilitate the use of new information technologies to increase channels for disseminating information (e.g., through the local, provincial, national or regional network for the development of Health-Promoting Schools).(49)
· Groom future leaders in violence prevention.
· Increase coverage of human resources training.
· Develop supportive school policies and practises related to violence prevention interventions.
· Infuse violence prevention principles into core subjects.
· Share positive outcomes with other schools so that they can start similar violence prevention efforts and collaborate with your school.
· Communicate to community and nongovernmental organisations, district-level government, ministries of health and education, local and mass media what you have done and still need to do via written reports, meetings and discussions