|Health Education Syllabus Grade III Teachers' College In Uganda (SHEP, 63 p.)|
By the end of this unit, students should be able to:
1. Select teaching materials, references, themes and topic for the schools and classes they will be teaching.
2. Prepare schemes of work and lesson plan.
3. Prepare teaching practice files in an acceptable format.
The Health Education Tutor will discuss and make a follow up of the following:-
- Pre-visit to schools by students to collect references, school materials, text books, themes and topics, to be covered per class allocated to them.
- Preparation for teaching by making schemes of work and presenting sample lesson plans to the subject tutor.
- Briefing from Teaching Practice Tutors on file arrangement and labelling.
1. Olaitan O.S., - Principles of Teaching practice. Macmillan Publishers
2. Farrant J.S. - Principles and Practice of Education New Edition 5