|Health Education Syllabus Grade III Teachers' College In Uganda (SHEP, 63 p.)|
By the end of this Unit, student teacher should be able to:
1. State the aims of teaching practice in their professional training.
2. Prepare for teaching practice
3. Develop appropriate behaviour during teaching practice
The Tutor of Health Education will give student Teachers a general briefing and discussion on the following aspects of teaching practice.
- the concept of teaching practice
- aims and objectives of teaching practice
- what is expected of students on teaching practice
- essentials to a successful Health Education teaching practice
- facilities for teaching Health Education.
In addition the following will be done:-
- demonstration of lessons and micro-teaching
- making schemes of work and lesson planning
- samples of schemes of work and lesson plans for discussion.
1. Olaitan O.S., Principles of Teaching Practice Macmillan Publishers
2. Farrant J. S. Principles and Practice of Education