|Machining of Material/Metal - Course: Manual working of metal. Methodical course-guide for instructors (Institut für Berufliche Entwicklung, 62 p.)|
On completion of this training course the trainees should have the necessary knowledge, abilities and skills to work with
- engine lathes,
- horizontal or vertical milling machines,
- horizontal shaping machines and
- boring/drilling machines.
This implies that the trainees
- are able to decide on the purpose and application of the relevant machine and technique,
- are capable of setting up, operating, servicing and maintaining the machines and know the construction of the machines,
- have knowledge of how to determine the cutting values, such as speeds, feeds and stroke length,
- are able to select the proper tools and accessories for setting up the machines and know the construction of the different types of tools and accessories,
- have knowledge of how to meet the safety requirements in machining of material.
The course comprises the following training units (TU):
1st TU: Fundamentals of Fittings
2nd TU: Pinned Joints
3rd TU: Threaded Joints
4th TU: Feather Key Joints
To successfully acquire the skills of these working techniques, the trainees must have previous knowledge of and master the basic skills in the working techniques of manual working of material. In addition, they should have basic knowledge of engineering drawing to be able to read the working drawings.