|Preventing Suicide: A Resource for Teachers and other School Staff (WHO, 2000, 34 p.)|
1. McKey PW, Jones RW, Barbe RH. Suicide and the School: a Practical Guide to Suicide Prevention. Horsham, PA, LRP Publications, 1993.
2. McGoldrick M, Walsh F. A systematic view of family history and loss. In: Aronson Med. Group and Family Therapy. New York, Brunner/Mazel, 1983.
3. Litman R.E. Psychological autopsies of young suicides. In: Report of Secretarys Task Force on Youth Suicide. Vol. 3: Prevention and Interventions in Youth Suicide. DHHS Publ. No. (ADM) 89-1623. Washington, DC, US Government Printing Office, 1989.
4. Holinger PC, Klemen EH. Violent deaths in the United States, 1900-1975. Social Science and Medicine, 1982, 16: 1929-1938.
5. Jilek-Aall L. Suicidal behaviour among young: a cross-cultural comparison. Transcultural psychiatry research review, 1988, 25: 87-105.
6. Sudak HS, Ford AB, Rushforth NB. Adolescent suicide: an overview. American journal of psychotherapy, 1984, 38: 350-363.
7. Gould MS, et al. Psychopathology associated with suicidal ideation and attempts among children and adolescents. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 1999, 37(9): 915-923.
8. Carris MJ, Sheeber L, Howe S. Family rigidity, adolescent problem-solving deficits and suicidal ideation: a mediational model. Journal of adolescence, 1998, 21(4): 459-472.
9. Garofolo R et al. The association between health risk behaviours and sexual orientation among a school-based sample of adolescents. Pediatrics, 1998, 101(5): 805-902.
10. Spruijt E, de Goede M. Transitions in family structure and adolescent well-being. Journal of adolescence, 1997, 32(128): 897-911.
11. Weissman MM et al. Children with prepubertal-onset major depressive disorder and anxiety grow up. Archives of general psychiatry, 1999, 56:794-801.
12. Schaffer D, Fisher P. The epidemiology of suicide in children and young adolescents. Journal of the American Academy of Child Psychiatry, 1981, 20: 545-565.
13. Wasserman D. Depression - en vanlig sjukdom [Depression - a common illness]. Stockholm, Natur och Kultur, 1998.
14. Vandivort DS, Locke BZ. Suicide ideation, its relation to depression, suicide and suicide attempt. Suicide & life-threatening Behavior, 1979, 9: 205-218.
15. Pommereau X. Quand ladolescent va mal. [When things dont go well for adolescents]. 1997. Ed. Jai lu. 123.
16. Beautrais AL et al. Precipitating factors and life events in serious suicide attempts among youths aged 13 through 24 years. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 1997, 36:1543-1551.
17. De Wilde EJ et al. The relationship between adolescent suicidal behavior and life events in childhood and adolescence. American Journal of Psychiatry 149: 45-51.
18. Cohen-Sandler R, Berman AL, King RA. Life stress and symptomatology: determinants of suicide behavior in children. Journal of the American Academy of Child Psychiatry, 1982, 21: 178-186.
19. Zenere FJ, Lazarus PJ. The decline of youth suicidal behaviour in an urban, multicultural public school system following the introduction of a suicide prevention and intervention programme. Suicide & life-threatening Behavior, 1997, 27(4): 387-403.
20. Weissman MM et al. Depressed adolescents grow up. Journal of the American Medical Association, 1999, 281(18): 1701-1713.
21. Marcelli, D. Suicide and depression in adolescents. Revue du Praticien, 1998, 48:1, 419-423.
22. Malley PB, Kusk F, Bogo RJ. School-based adolescent suicide prevention and intervention programs: a survey. School Counselor, 1994, 42: 130-136.
23. Smith J. Coping with Suicide. New York, Rosen, 1986.
24. Weissman MM, Fox K, Klerman GL. Hostility and depression associated with suicide attempts. American journal of psychiatry, 1973, 130:450-455.
25. Erikson EH. Identity, Youth and Crisis. New York, Norton, 1994.
26. Papenfuss RL et al. Teaching positive self-concepts in the classroom. Journal of school health, 1983, 53: 618-620.
27. Centers for Disease Control. CDC recommendations for a community plan for prevention and containment of suicide clusters. Morbidity and mortality weekly report, 1994, Suppl.: 1-12.