|Ethnoveterinary Medicine in Asia - Ruminants (IIRR, 1994, 143 p.)|
Fungus can affect people. Those who touch the infected part of the animal can become infected. The disease can also spread through the air.
· Hair falls out from the
· The infected area is thick and swollen.
Be sure that the infected skin is clean and dry. Then apply one of the following remedies.
· Grind a handful of fresh or air-dried Cassia alata leaves. Make a paste with water or lemon juice. Apply the mixture on the infected skin using a brush or coconut husk. Do this every day until the infection has been cured. (Indonesia. 1. 2. 3. 5)
· Grind a handful of fresh or dried Cassia tora leaves or seeds. Make a paste with water and apply as above. (India. 1, 2, 3, 5)
· Grind the fresh rhizome of Alpinia galanga. The amount of the ingredient will depend on the size of the infected area. Add a little water and continue grinding. Rub the mixture on the infected skin using a brush or coconut husk. Do this at least once a day until the infection is cured. (Indonesia. 1, 2)
· Find a cut banana tree with the stem rotting. You will see water coming out of the stem. Take the water and rub this on the infected area. Do this every day until the infection is cured. (Thailand. 1, 2)
· Mix used engine oil with sulfur. The ratio should be 100 ml oil for every 30 g sulfur. Rub the solution on the infected area, using a piece of cloth. Do this every two days until the infection is cured. (India, Indonesia, Laos, Sri Lanka, Thailand. 1, 2, 3)