Talk technique and use of the material
In order to obtain the best results with a group, the educator
must use the didactic material wisely:
1. The material must be prepared before the lesson to be ready
2. One should avoid whenever it is possible displaying the
material to the listeners before talking about it, so as not to distract their
3. The pictures are meant first and foremost to illustrate the
educator's talk and to make understanding easier. Health education thus does not
consist of merely leafing through the pictures, while explaining their meaning.
4. To facilitate the educator's work, all the explanations that
he can use directly as comments for the pictures have been put each time between
5. The time needed to explain alcoholism using the flipchart
will vary according to circumstances. One is advised to present the material in
several sessions. We suggest:
Session one - group discussion: Questions on diseases in general
and on alcoholism in particular.
Session two: 1. The happy, successful
family and 2. The damaging effects of alcohol.
Session three: Preventing
Now please look at the pictures in next boxes