|Human Growth and Development (FAO)|
· All living things reproduce.
· Pregnancy and childbirth are natural events in human life. It is important to understand the human reproductive process.
· Human development is a continuous process, from infancy to adulthood.
· Physical maturation occurs before emotional maturity.
· Individual and cultural values influence sexual behaviour.
· Teenage pregnancy is dangerous for both mother and child.
· Ignorance is not bliss. There are many harmful consequences of ignorance about sex, including too early pregnancy, too many children, STDs and AIDS.