Filling your pond
46. Using a small ditch is the easiest way to get water to the
inlet and into the pond.
47. If the water comes from a stream, be careful to keep out bad
fish. You can do this by using a screen on the inlet.
48. To stop fish from getting out of the pond, put another
screen on the outlet.
Stop fish from getting out
49. As a screen you can use:
· a fish
· split and woven bamboo
· a clay pot with holes in the bottom
· a piece of metal roofing with holes
· a tin can with holes in the
50. To stop other people from taking fish from your pond, you
can put some bamboo branches on the pond bottom. This will stop them from
fishing or taking fish with a net.
Put bamboo branches on the pond
51. Now you are ready to fill your pond with water.
Fill the pond with