124. You can build a cage and put it in a stream, a river, a
lake or a reservoir.
Stream or river
125. In addition, as you have already been told, you can put a
cage in a fish pond.
Note If you have a fish pond and decide to put in some cages,
you will raise many more fish. For example, a pond of 20 by 20 metres (400
square metres) will hold 800 fish. If you also put in 3 cages of 1 cubic metre
each, you can raise 450 to 600 more fish. So, in this case you can raise as many
as 1400 fish in the same pond.
1 x 1 x 1 m
= 450 to 600 fish
800 + 600 = 1 400
fish in all
126. The water should be deep enough so that when the cage is in
place it will be at least 50 centimetres from the bottom.
127. A cage should be in a place where the flow of water is
gentle and not fast. In addition, it should be protected from the wind.
128. The water should be clean You should not put a cage too
near an inlet where the water may be muddy or full of