|AIDS Resource Manual - A Guide for Teaching about AIDS in Thailand (Peace Corps, 1993, 83 p.)|
|Section II - Teaching about AIDS|
1. AVOID talking about high risk groups, e.g., commercial service workers, IV drug users, farangs, gays, instead, focus on high risk behavior. AIDS is a disease of all people.
2. AVOID focusing on the possible origin of AIDS. It dilutes the message.
3. AVOID using statistics or use sparingly. Emphasize life, family.
4. AVOID giving the same message to all people. Tailor your message to the audience. There are many important messages that are not about sex and drugs.
5. AVOID lecturing. Make it fun and participatory.