|Thread Cutting by Dies and Taps - Course: Techniques for machining of material. Trainees' handbook of lessons (Institut für Berufliche Entwicklung, 20 p.)|
The internal threads are produced by processing the workpiece surfaces by means of bores.
- work is made in the chuck.
- the workpieces are clamped in extended chuck jaws.
- the tap wrench is positioned on the square of the tap.
- the tap wrench holder is on a support.
- turn back the tap several times to remove the chips.
- the required thread depth is controlled on the quill by means of a steel band measure.
- switch off the machine 2 - 3 mm before ending the work sequence and cut the remaining thread turns by hand in order to prevent tool breakage and ensure sound quality.
- ensure proper cooling and lubrication.
- turn back the tap by hand after having completed the work sequence.
- the thread is checked by means of a thread ring mandrel.
When are dies and taps used for thread