|Better Farming Series 30 - Better Freshwater Fish Farming: the Fish (FAO, 1981, 48 p.)|
81. You must be very careful when you carry your baby fish from one place to another. Baby fish can be hurt easily.
82. When you take the baby fish out of your nursery pond using a seine net, do not carry them in the seine net. Carry them in a container such as
· a clay pot with a cover
· a bucket with a lid
· a plastic bag.
83. When you carry baby fish, you must be careful to
· use only clean water
· keep the fish out of the sun or cover the container with a wet cloth to keep it cool.
84. If you carry your baby fish in plastic bags, carry the bags in a box so that they will not break. Cover the box and the plastic bags with a wet cloth to keep them cool.
Keep the box cool
85. If you see that the baby fish are gasping for air, put some air into the water from time to time by
· splashing the water gently with your hand
· forcing air into the water with a bicycle tire pump.