|Better Farming Series 34 - Farming Snails 2: Choosing Snails; Care and Harvesting; Further Improvement (FAO, 1986, 35 p.)|
|Building the second pen|
185. Build your second pen a little before the growing season and exactly one year after you built the first pen.
186. Begin just as you did before, by cleaning and preparing the ground (see Items 86 to 96 in the last booklet).
187. However, if you put your second pen near your first pen, be
very careful when you burn the plant material not to burn your first pen or harm
the snails in it.
188. For this reason it is best to leave an open space of at least 3 metres between your first and second pens.
Be very carefull when you burn the plant material
189. Now you are ready to build the second 5 x 5 metre pen and to plant the food and shelter plants (see Items 97 to 117 in the last booklet).