Safe Blood in Developing Countries - The Lessons from Uganda (EC, 1995, 151 p.)
Section Five - Key issues in blood transfusion: The Uganda experience
Chapter Thirteen - Other issues, and their solutions
1. Which diseases are screened against - and which are not? and why not?
2. The special problem of malaria
3. Adapting laboratory methods
4. The start-up equipment - and computer
5. Transport, for people, supplies, and blood
6. Voice and data communications - or lack of
7. Funding staff salaries in a time of inflation
8. Keeping records, or trying to
9. All or only some hospitals?
The editor adds:
by Dr John Watson-Williams