|Better Farming Series 38 - Better Freshwater Fish Farming: Raising Fish in Pens and Cages (FAO, 1990, 83 p.)|
61. Small fish can be hurt easily. So, you must be very careful when you handle them or carry them from place to place.
62. If you collect small fish using a seine net Carry them in a container such as
· clay pot with a
· a bucket with a lid
· a plastic bag.
Use a container
63. When you carry small fish you must be careful to
· use only clean water
· keep the fish out of the sun or cover the container with a well cloth 10 keep it cool.
Keep the fish out of sun
64. If you carry small fish in plastic bags, carry the bags in a box so that they will not break. Cover the box and the plastic bags with a wet cloth to keep them cool
Use plastic bags
65. When you are carrying small fish, if you see that they are gasping for air pull some air into the water by
· splashing the water gently
with your hand
· forcing air into the water with a tire pump.
Put air into the water