Choosing a place to raise ducks
62. The first thing that you must do is to choose a place on
your land that is good to raise ducks.
63. It is best to keep your ducks where you can watch them
easily. So, the place that you choose should be as close as possible to where
64. Look for a place on your land that has enough of the kinds
of food that ducks like to eat (see Item 26).
65. Look for a place that has shade for your ducks on hot days.
There should also be a place for them to go for protection from wind or on days
when it is cold or wet.
66. A good place is one near a pond or a stream where your ducks
can easily get to water and where they can swim.
67. Raising a flock of ducks is only one use for your land, so
be careful not to choose a place for them that could be better used for
something else, such as planting crops or growing a vegetable garden.
68. Remember, that ducks can live just about anywhere outside as
long as they can find enough to eat and drink.
Ducks must have enough food and