|Protective Measures against Hazardous Contact Voltage - Course: Basic skills and knowledge of electrical engineering. Methodical guide for instructors (Institut für Berufliche Entwicklung, 13 p.)|
|2. Organizational Preparation|
Before starting the exercises, a brief instruction should be given about the proper use and handling of the working means and how to avoid accidents.
As a proof of these instructions on industrial health and safety standards it is recommended to keep a book in which all instructions on accident-free working and proper use and handling of working means are entered in brief outlines.
The trainees confirm by signature that they were taught.
The following hints should be included:
- Every work in and at electrical plants has to be carried out in dead condition.
- The dead condition has to be checked with the help of testing instruments.
- Make sure that the plant is not reconnected by other people.
- If test work is necessary in alive plants, there must be one supervisor to look after the person carrying out the work.
- All works in connection with protective measures have to be carried out especially carefully.
- How to act after accidents caused by electric current.
Perhaps further hints on industrial health and safety are to be given according to the local requirements