| Attitudes towards women as managers : a review of literature and research findings (1991) |
1. Bayer, AE, and Austin, HS, (1975). Sex differences in the academic reward system. Science, 188, 796-802.
2. Becker, GS, Landes, EM, and Michael, RT, (1977). An economic analysis of marital instability. Journal of Political Economy, 85, 1141-1187.
3. Cohen, SL, and Bunker, KA, (1975). Subtle effects of sex role stereotypes on recruiters hiring decisions. Journal of Applied Psychology, 60, 566-572.
4. Cook, A,(1987). Work and Family : Juncture and disjuncture. ILR Report, 25, 5-9.
5. Deaux, K,(1984). From individual differences to social categories : Analysis of a decades research on gender. American Psychologist, 39, 105-116.
6. Deaux, K, and Emswiller, T,(1974). Explanations of successful performance on sex-linked tasks: What is skill for the male is luck for the female. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 29, 80-85.
7. Deaux, K, and Farris, E,(1977). Attributing causes for one’s own performance: The effects of sex, norms and outcome. Journal of Research in Personality, 11, 59-72.
8. Duxbury, LE, and Higgins, CA,(1991). Gender differences in work-family conflict. Journal of Applied Psychology, 76, 1, 60-74.
9. Epstien, CF,(1970). Woman’s Place. Berkely : University of California press, 60-74.
10.Garland, H, and Price, KH,(1977). Attitudes Towards Women in Management and Attributes for their Success and Failure in a Managerial Position. Journal Of Applied Psychology, 62, 1, 29-33.
11. Goodale, JG, and Hall, DT,(1976). Inheriting a career: The influence of Sex, Values and Parents. Journal of Vocational Behaviour, 8, 19-30.
12. Greenwald, MW, Women,(1980). War and Work : The Impact of World-War I on Women Workers in the United States. Westport: Greenwood Press.
13. Gulhati,K,(1990). Attitudes Towards Women as Managers. Economic and Political Weekly, February(17-24), 1990, M41-M48.
14. Heath, JA,(1990). Non Employed Women, Marriage and the Sisyphus Syndrome. Journal of Economic Issues, 24, 1, 103-114.
15. Heath, JA, and Ciscel, DH,(1988). Patriarchy, Family Structure and the Exploitation of Women’s Labour. Journal of Economic Issues, 22, 3, 781-794.
16. Heilman, ME,(1983). Sex bias in work setting : The Lack of Fit Model. Research in Organisational Behaviour. Ed. : Cummings, LL & Straw, BM, Vol.5, 269-298, Jai Press.
17. Honey, M,(1984). Creating Rosie the Riveter, Amherst, Mass. : University of Massachusetts Press.
18. Kahn, ED, Robbins, L,(1985). Social-Psychological Issues in Sex Discrimination. Journal of Social Issues, 41, 4, 135-154.
19. Kanter, RM, (1977). Men and Women of the Corporation. New- York, Basic Books.
20. Lenney, E,(1977). Womens’ Self-confidence in Achievement Settings. Psychological Bulletin, 84, 1-14.
21. Levin, RI,(1988). Statistics for Management, Prentice Hall of India.
22. Livingston, JS,(1969). Pygmalion in Management. Harvard Business Review, Jul-Aug.
23. Major, B,(1989). Gender Difference in Comparisons and Entitlement : Implications for Comparable Worth. Journal of Social Issues, Vol.45, 4, 99-115.
24. Major, B, and Konar, E,(1984). An Investigation of Sex Differences in Pay Expectations and their Possible Causes. Academy of Management Journal, 27, 777-792.
25. Major, B, McFarlin, D, and Ganon, D, (1984). Overworked and Under-paid : On the nature of Gender Differences in Personal Entitlement. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 14, 399-412.
26. Major, B, Vanderslice, V, and McFarlin, D, (1984). Effects of Pay Expectation on Pay Received : The Confirmatory Nature of Initial Expectations. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 14, 399-412.
27. McArthur, LZ, and Obrant, SW, (1986). Sex Bias in Comparative Worth Analysis. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 16, 757-770.
28. Mill, JS, (1987) ed: Ashley, Sir William; Pub: Augustus M Kelley, Principles of Political Economy.
29. Olson, P, (1990). Occupational Segregation : Its Theoretical Underpinnings. Journal of Economic Issues, Vol 24, 1, 161-172.
30. Peters, LH, Terborg, JR, & Taynor, J, (1974). Women as Managers Scale (WAMS) : A Measure of Attitude Towards Women in Management Positions. JSAS : Catalog of Selected documents in Psychology, 4, 27.
31. Rosen, B, and Jerdee, TH,(1974). Influence of Sex-role Stereotype on Personal Decisions. Journal of Applied Psychology, 59, 9-14,
32. Samuelson, PA, (1980). Economics. 11th Edition, McGraw Hill.
33. Sigleman, L, Milward, HB, and Shepard, JM,(1982). The Salary Difference between Male and Female Administrators : Equal Pay for Equal Work? Academy Of Management Journal, 25, 3, 664-671.
34. Taylor, SE, Fiske, ST, Etcoff, NL, & Ruderman, AJ,(1978). Categorical and Contextual Bases of Person Memory and Stereotyping. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 36, 778-793.
35. Terborg, JR, (1977). Women in Management : A Research Review. Journal of Applied Psychology, 62, 6, 647-664.
36. Terborg, JR, and Ilgen, DR, (1975). A Theoretical Approach to Sex Discrimination in Traditionally Masculine Occupations. Organisation Behaviour and Human Performance, 60, 5, 566-572.
37. Williams, DR, and Register, CA, (1986). Regional Variations in Earnings and the Gender Composition of Employment : Is Woman’s Work Undervalued? Journal of Economic Issues, 20, 4.
38. Yoder, JD, (1985). An Academic Woman as a Token : A Case Study. Journal of Social Issues, 41, 4, 61-72.