Re: [greenstone-users] Re: Unable to make GLI work attachment

From Sandra D'Souza
DateFri, 26 Oct 2007 11:23:41 -0400
Subject Re: [greenstone-users] Re: Unable to make GLI work attachment
In-Reply-To (47211CF4-3070007-cs-waikato-ac-nz)
Qiu wrote:
> Hi Sandra
> I've looked at the attached file. Apparently, your Java Runtime
> Environment is 1.3 which is not enough for running GLI. You need to
> download Java 1.4 or above version.
> Regards
> Quan
> Sandra D'Souza wrote:
>> Sandra D'Souza wrote:
>>>> Hi:
>>>> I have installed and reinstalled the GLI more than a dozen times in
>>>> the proper order:
>>>> Java Runtime Environment (JRE),ImageMagick and Ghostscript and
>>>> finally the Greenstone Librarian Interface (Win 2.74 exe file). Yet
>>>> my IT person says he downloaded the same and his GLI opened up!
>>>> I have been trying for the past two weeks (intermittently of
>>>> course) to get Greenstone Librarian Interface to work, but it
>>>> always happens that the DOS window (GLI) flashes up for a second or
>>>> two and disappears. This is when I download the from the link that
>>>> was supplied to me by a professor. But when I download it from
>>>>, the system window does not disappear but gives me
>>>> errors that are evident in the attachment I have enclosed.
>>>> Appreciate your help on this matter.
>>>> Thank you , Sandy
>>> Hi folks:
>>> New to your list. Look forward to being a member.
>>> Second confirmation from my IT folks indicate that the system is
>>> looking for the java files that are not in the right path.
>>> According to an instructor, it is supposed to be in the location:
>>> c:Cafelite (but this is the Oracle path), but instead it is located
>>> at c:Program FilesJava. What can I do to set the path right?
>>> Thanks in advance for your help.
>>> Sandy
>> Hi
>> I believe I did not enclose the attachment. It is attached now.
>> Sandy
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> _______________________________________________
>> greenstone-users mailing list
Thank you Quan, for responding.

Yes the system was picking up the Java that was in the Oracle folder
instead of the Java folder. I later downloaded many versions of Java,
to see if it would work. But I was still getting the error. Finally,
my IT folks (on Wednesday) had to pull up the gli code and actually set
the path for gli to read the java files from the java folder. They had
to do this in two locations of the code and it finally worked!