Re: [greenstone-users] Using a remote Greenstone for buildingcollections

From Argon7 List User
DateTue, 29 Nov 2005 16:42:57 +0100
Subject Re: [greenstone-users] Using a remote Greenstone for buildingcollections
In-Reply-To (438C3CA3-7040800-dlconsulting-co-nz)
Thanks for your tips...

1) I've changed the call to the gsdlCGI constructor as you suggested,
but nothing changed... :o(

2) Concerning perl and module crypt::unixcrypt, I can't see any error
messages in IIS logs (I don't know where I'm able to see if
returns such an error)... the only thing that i see is this "502" error..

Even the gli-client tells me:
"gliserver args: cmd=download-collection-configurations Server returned HTTP response code: 502 for URL:

but when I run the script directory on the command line, it does not
complain about anything: i receive messages telling me that no "cmd",
"un" and "pw" has been specified. I even tried with
"cmd=download-collection-configurations" + a valid un and pw: it worked,
and I received a lot of data in which I recognised stuff from my
so, my script seems to be ok...

i've re-(re-)check my IIS server and can't see anything wrong about its
configuration... i'm lost... :o(

I even placed a very simple script in the gsdl/cgi-bin directory
and tried to access it thru a web-browser: no problem at all!

What else can I check?

Thanks for your help...

-- J:o(

Stefan Boddie wrote:
> Hi,
> Do you get a message like the following?
> ---
> CGI Error
> The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set
> of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:
> Can't locate Crypt/ in @INC (@INC contains: C:/Perl/lib
> C:/Perl/site/lib .) at
> line 7.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
> line 7.
> ---
> I just tried to run under IIS5 and that's what I got. That
> is, the UnixCrypt module was missing from my perl installation. I'm
> using ActiveState's ActivePerl so I used their package manager to
> install Crypt-UnixCrypt. That solved the first problem.
> The next problem was that the script seemed to go into a loop and never
> return when I ran it. I eventually found that it was configured to be
> run from the command line, and was waiting forever for input from STDIN.
> I'm not sure if this is just a problem with the CVS snapshot I have or
> if it'll affect you too. If it does you should edit and
> replace the line near the top of the file that reads
> my $gsdl_cgi = new gsdlCGI("+cmdline");
> with
> my $gsdl_cgi = new gsdlCGI();
> Once I did that it seemed to run ok, and I could at least get it to
> complain when I sent it bogus arguments in the URL. I'm not really sure
> what gliserver is meant to do, so I haven't tested it any further than
> that. Perhaps someone who knows more about it can help you out.
> Regards,
> Stefan.