|Disaster and Development - Trainer's Guide - 1st edition (Disaster Management Training Programme, 57 p.)|
|PART TWO: UNDERSTANDING AND EXPLOITING DISASTER/DEVELOPMENT LINKAGES (45 minutes)|
Review each of these points and reference the previous discussion.
· Disasters inhibit development programs
· Development can increase vulnerability
· Development can decrease vulnerability
· Disasters provide development opportunities
· Recovery programs can promote development and reduce vulnerability
BREAK (5 minutes)
Take another short break.