|Emergency Management (United Nations Children's Fund, 390 p.)|
- To welcome participants and introduce them to each other.
- To acquaint participants and resource persons with the course's administrative details and existing facilities.
Key Points to be Covered
- Welcome address
- Introduction of participants (one Introduces another): name, current position, experience in emergencies, expectations
- Administrative details: regulations, forms to be filled out, workshop secretariat, accomodation, travel, workshop materials, etc.
- Facilities: conference rooms, available services, recreation areas, etc. Daily schedule of sessions, meetings and other activities.
- Assignments, e.g. listening teams to report at the beginning of each day on critical points covered in sessions the day before.