|Disaster Economics (Department of Humanitarian Affairs/United Nations Disaster Relief Office - United Nations Development Programme , 1994, 56 p.)|
|PART 1 - Disasters and economics|
After reading this section and completing the exercises, you will he able to:
· Identify some of the key questions central to an economic analysis of policy options in disaster management.
· Describe the practical thought process that economic analysis requires.
· Identify consequences of disasters in economic terms.
· Describe the constraints that policy makers in developing countries face in making mitigation and recovery decisions.
· Identify economic policy instruments available to decisionmakers.
· Analyze sectoral needs for disaster recovery.