|A Checklist for People with Mobility Problems (American Red Cross - FEMA - Federal Emergency Management Agency, 1997, 4 p.)|
- Listen to a battery-powered radio for the location of emergency shelters. Know in advance the location of wheelchair-accessable shelters. Follow instructions of local officials.
- Wear appropriate clothing and sturdy shoes.
- Take your Disaster Supplies Kit.
- Lock your house.
- Use travel routes specified or special assistance provided by local officials.
If you are sure you have time...
- Shut off water, gas and electricity if instructed to do so.
- Let others know when you left and where you are going.
- Make arrangements for pets. Animals other than service animals may not be allowed in public shelters.