23. Categories or response mechanisms
Have participants read to themselves the categories listed.
Explain that once an effective disaster preparedness plan is in place, these
response mechanisms should be familiar to potential beneficiaries or to those
with the responsibility of implementing such measures.
Some of the categories of response in plans for a variety of
· search and rescue
· security of affected areas
· assessment teams
activating special installations (such as emergency hospitals)
· activating distribution systems
· preparing emergency reception centers and
· activating emergency programs for
airports, harbors and land