|Diagnostic Study for the DIPECHO Action Plan for South-East Asia and Bangladesh (Centre for Research on the Epidemiology of Disasters, 1997, 95 p.)|
· ADPC (eds.), Critical issues for the realisation of IDNDR objectives in South and Southeast Asia, Bangkok, 1994
· ADPC, Annual report for 1994-1995, Bangkok, 1996
· ADPC, Asian Urban Disaster Mitigation Project, final proposal June 1995, Bangkok, 1995
· ADPC, Disaster management sector background study for CRED and ECHO, Bangkok, 1997
· Asian Development Bank, Disaster Mitigation in Asia and Pacific, Manila, 1991.
· Asian Development Bank, Disaster mitigation in Asia and the Pacific, Manila, 1991
· Asian Development Bank, Flood Damage Restoration in Bangladesh (Rural Infrastructure), November 1988. (DOC RRPR:BAN 852)
· Bangladesh: a country profile, may 26,1994
· Bangladesh government: Cyclone Shelter Preparatory Study, June 96
· Batkin Andy, NGOs: the Case of RDRS in Bangladesh, in IDS Bulletin, vol. 23 n°4, October 1992.
· Brown, Nicholas, Amadore, Leoncio and Torrente, Emmanual, Philippines Country Study, in Disaster mitigation in Asia and the Pacific, ADB, Manila, 1991
· CARE, Disaster Management Unit, Bangladesh
· Centre for Research on the Epidemiology of Disasters (CRED), Vulnbilitux catastrophes et options stratques pour la prntion, Analyse prminaire de six rons a haut risque, Brussels, 1996
· CRED, Vulnbilitux Catastrophes et Options Stratques pour la Prntion, Brussels, 1996.
· Dang Quang Tinh, Natural disaster mitigation in Vietnam, in: Proceedings of the second international conference on local authorities confronting disasters and emergencies, Amsterdam, 1996
· Disaster reduction, Asia Sub Region: South Asia, Bangladesh Profile.
· Duryog Nivaran, presentation paper, ITDG, Sri Lanka, February 1995.
· ECHO, Disaster Preparedness, European Community Humanitarian Office, Brussels
· Economic Intelligence Unit, 4th quarter 1995 report Philippines, London, 1995
· Economic Intelligence Unit, Country Profile 1995-1996 for Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, London, 1995
· Economic Intelligence Unit, Thailand First quarter 1996, London, 1996
· Economic Intelligence Unit, Vietnam, First quarter of 1996, London, 1996
· European Commission, Cyclone Shelter Preparatory Study, Cyclone-Risk Area Development Project (Draft) June 1996.
· European Commission, EU-ASEAN Relations, a growing partnership, Brussels, 1996
· Government of Lao PDR, Statement of the Lao delegation to the Asia Natural Disaster Reduction Conference in Kobe, Japan, 1995
· Government of Myanmar, National report of Myanmar the IDNDR World Conference on Natural Disaster Reduction, 1994
· Government of Thailand, National Summary Report IDNDR, Bangkok, 1994
· Government of the Lao PDR, Country strategy note for the United Nations System in the Lao PDR for 1996-2000, Vientiane, 1996
· Government of the Philippines, Philippines IDNDR National Summary Report, Manila, 1994
· Government of Vietnam, IDNDR National summary report of Vietnam, Hanoi, 1994
· Hena, Hasna, Why Women appear vulnerable, in From Crisis to Development
· Instituto Del Tercer Mundo, The World, A Third World Guide 1995/96, Oxfam UK, Montevideo, 1995.
· Jeggle, Terry, Disaster awareness, preparedness and management, a review of current perceptions and capacities in the Lao PDR, UNDP, Vientiane 1996
· Kim, Yoon-Yul, Strengthening of the institutional capabilities of the Asian Disaster Preparedness Center (ADPC), Draft Final Report, Bangkok, 1995
· Lisovicz, Susan, Bangladesh: the basketcase is bearing fruit, Independant, 8/12/85
· Local Government Academy, The Minimum Basic Needs Approach to Local Development, Manila, not dated
· Maloney, Clarence, Behavior and Poverty in Bangladesh
· Ministry of Environment and Forest, National Environment Management Action Plan (NEMAP), 1995.
· Monan, Jim, Country Profile Bangladesh, Oxfam
· Nutalaya, Prinya, Assessment and mitigation of earthquakes: selected areas of Southeast Asia, in ESCAP, Natural disaster reduction in Asia and the Pacific, Volume II, Seismic and volcanic hazards, disaster mitigation and monitoring systems, United Nations, New York, 1994
· Philippine National Red Cross, Operations Manual Disaster Preparedness and Relief Service, Manila, 1994
· Philippines Businesses for Social Progress, 1995 Annual Report, Manila, 1995
· RDRS (Rangpur Dinajpur Rural Service), Flood Action Plan (FAP), RDRS Position Paper, July 1995.
· Rezaul Haque, NGOs in Bangladesh: the Emergence of a «Third Sector», Politics Administration and Change, n°23, July-December 1994.
· SAARC, Regional Study on the Causes and Consequences of Natural Disasters and the Protection and Preservation of the Environment, Kathmandu, 1992.
· Shook, Gary, Humanitarian assistance sector assessment: humanitarian assistance and disaster relief needs in the East Asia region, Report to the United States Agency for International Development, Regional Support Mission for East Asia, ADPC, Bangkok, 1994
· UN Department of Humanitarian Affairs, Directory of National offices, plans and legislations, and regional/sub-regional agreements for disaster emergency management, United Nations, New York, 1994
· UN, A Fork in the Path, Human Development
· UNDHA, Mudflows, Experiences and Lessons Learned from the Management of Major Disasters, United Nations, New York, 1996
· UNDHA, UNDP, Ministry of Water Resources of Viet Nam, Strategy and action plan for mitigating water disasters in Viet Nam, United Nations, New York, 1994
· UNDP Development Report, 1995
· UNDP, UNICEF, Project Document on Support to Disaster Management, December 1994 (Doc BGD/92/002/A/01/99)
· UNDP, Bangladesh Flood Policy Study, Final Report, May 1989.
· UNDP, Cambodia Development Co-operation Report 1992/93, Phnom Penh, 1994
· UNDP, Development Co-operation Report, Bangladesh 1992, May 1994.
· UNDP, Lao PDR National Disaster Preparedness Framework Project Proposal, UNDP Vientiane, 1996
· UNDP, Myanmar Development Co-operation Report 1991, United Nations, Yangon, 1993
· UNDP, Philippines 1994 Development Co-operation Report, Manila, 1996
· UNDP, Thailand Development Co-operation Report 1994, Bangkok, 1995
· UNDP, Vietnam development co-operation, 1991 report, Hanoi, 1993
· UNDP/DHA, Disaster Management Programme Training Exercise in Myanmar 1994, United Nations, 1994
· UNDP/DHA, Report of the Disaster Management Training Programme Country Workshop, National Conference and UN-DMT Meeting, Hanoi, 1993
· UNDP/DHA, Report of the Philippines Disaster Management Training Programme Country Workshop and National Forum, Manila, 1993
· UNDP/DTCP, Cambodia Report of the Disaster Management Training Programme Country Workshop, National Conference and UN-DMT Workshop, Phnom Penh, Cambodia, 1994
· UNDRO, Preliminary study on the identification of disaster-prone countries based on economic impact, United Nations, Geneva, 1990
· United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), Human Development Report 1995, Oxford University Press, New York, 1995
· United Nations, World Conference on Natural Disaster Reduction, Yokohama, Japan, 23-27 May 1994, United Nations, New York, 1994
· USAID/FEMA, Annual Reports 1991 to 1994, Washington
· Wescoat, James, and Jeffrey Jacobs, The Evolution of flood hazards programmes in Asia: the current situation, Boulder, Colorado, 1993
· Wickramanayake, Ebel; Shook, Gary, and Rojnkureesatien, Rehabilitation Planning for Flood Affected Areas of Thailand: Experience from Phipun District, in Disasters volume 19/4, London 1995
· World Bank, Bangladesh, Economic Update Recent Economic Developments and Medium-term Reform Agenda, June 28, 1996
For further information, please contact:
Centre for Research on the Epidemiology of Disasters -
(attn: A. Angulo)
Universitatholique de Louvain - Ecole de Santublique
30.34, Clos Chapelle-aux-Champs, 1200 Brussels - Belgium
Tel: (32-2) 764.38.23 - Fax: (32-2) 764.34.41 - E-Mail: Angulo@epid.ucl.ac.be