|Inland Aquaculture Engineering (1984)|
|DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF FRESHWATER FISH FARMS|
|Chapter 6. Principles of Designing Inland Fish Farms|
|2. PREPARATORY WORK|
- Species of fish to be produced.
- Sequence of operations envisaged: production from hatching to market fish, or production of market fish alone.
- Method of fry production.
- Production quantities envisaged.
- Methods and possibilities of nutrient supply to the ponds, such as organic manure, duck farming, fertilizer application.
- Feed distribution (fish feed, grain feed, etc.).
- Transport management - method and means of in-farm and external transportation.
- Buildings required (operation, social-cultural amenities, grain store, equipment shed, repair shop, housing, etc.).