|Causes and Consequences of Intrauterine Growth Retardation, Proceedings of an IDECG workshop, November 1996, Baton Rouge, USA, Supplement of the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition (International Dietary Energy Consultative Group - IDECG, 1996, 100 pages)|
Proceedings of an I/D/E/C/G Workshop held in Baton Rouge, USA
November 11-15, 1996
Nevin S. Scrimshaw and Beat Schürch
European Journal of CLINICAL NUTRITION Volume 52, Supplement 1, January 1998
On behalf of the UN ACC-Subcommittee on Nutrition, the International Dietary Energy Consultative Group (I/D/E/C/G) has been established for the study of dietary energy intake in relation to the health and welfare of individuals and societies by the United Nations University. Its specific objectives are:
1. The compilation and interpretation of research data on functional and other consequences of deficiency, change or excess of dietary energy.
2. The identification of related research needs and priorities, and the promotion of needed research.
3. The publication of scientific and policy statements and other information on the significance of chronic deficiencies and excesses of dietary energy.
4. The identification and promotion of appropriated and practical means of corrective action.
I/D/E/C/G Steering Committee:
- Dr. N.S. Scrimshaw, UNU, Chairman
- Dr. J.G.A.J. Hautvast, IUNS
- Dr. B. Schürch, Executive Secretary
The digitization of this publication was made possible by a grant from the Nestlé Foundation