|Food and Nutrition Bulletin Volume 19, Number 4, 1998 (UNU, 1998, 50 pages)|
|Public healt nutrition|
1. Al-Doori W, Amijo-Hussein N, Fawzi WW, Herrera MG. Child nutrition and armed conflicts in Iraq. J Trop Paediatr 1994;40:32-6.
2. Tawfeek HI. The nutritional status of Baghdadi children aged under 5 years. The effect of the blockade. Med J Tikrit Univ (in press).
3. Al-Wahab SY. War and embargo. Are they compatible with the health of the new born? In: Proceedings of the Second Annual Scientific Congress. Baghdad: Sadam University, 1994:3.
4. Jelliffe DB. The assessment of the nutritional status of the community. WHO Monograph Series No. 43. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1996.
5. Waterlow JC. Classification and definition of protein calorie malnutrition. BMJ 1972;3:566-9.
6. Waterlow JC, Buzina R, Keller W, Lane JM, Nichaman MZ, Tanner JM. The presentation and use of height and weight data for comparing the nutritional status of groups of children under the age of 10 years. Bull WHO 1977;55:489-98.
7. Ebrahim GJ. Nutrition in mother and child health. London: Macmillan Education, 1983.
8. Shakir A. The surveillance of protein-calorie malnutrition by simple and economical means. J Trop Pediatr 1975;21:69-85.
9. Shakir A, Morley D. Measuring malnutrition. Lancet 1974;1(7860):758-9.
10. Tawfeek H, Salom A. The Iraqi national nutrition survey. J Trop Pediatr (in press).
11. UNICEF. Children and women in Iraq. A situation analysis. Baghdad: UNICEF, 1992.
12. Zerfas AJ. The insertion tape. A new circumference tape for use in nutritional assessment. Am J Clin Nutr 1975; 28:782-7.
13. Food and Nutrition Board, Committee on Nutrition Advisory to CDC. Comparisons of body weight and body height of groups of children. Atlanta, Ga, USA: US Department of Health, Education and Welfare, 1974.
14. World Health Organization. Use and interpretation of anthropometric indicators of nutritional status. Working group report. Bull WHO 1986;64:929-41.
15. Ritmeijer K. Finding the right MUAC cut-off to improve screening efficiency. Field Exchange 1998;4 (June): 24-25.
16. Hop IT, Gross R, Sastroamidjojo S, Giay T, Schultink W. Mid-upper-arm circumference development and its validity in assessment of malnutrition. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 1998;7(l):65-9.
17. World Health Organization. Physical status. The use and interpretation of anthropometry. Report of a WHO expert committee. Technical Report Series No. 854. Geneva: WHO, 1995.
18. De Onis M, Yip R, Mei Z. The development of MUAC-for-age reference data recommended by a WHO expert committee. Bull WHO 1977;75:11-8.