The Himalayan Dilemma: Reconciling Development and Conservation (UNU, 1989, 295 pages)
1. The theory of Himalayan environmental degradation: what is the nature of the perceived crisis?
2. The Himalayan region: a geographical overview
3. When did deforestation occur? A historical perspective on Himalayan forest-cover changes
4. Perceived pressures on the Himalayan forests and their role as environmental shield
5. Mountain slope instability: natural processes or human intervention?
6. The Himalayan-lowland interactive system: do land-use changes in the mountains affect the plains?
7. The human dimension: what are the facts?
8. Two approaches to the population pressure/land productivity decline problem in the Himalaya
9. Crisis, pseudo-crisis' or supercrisis?
10. Research strategy for the Himalayan region
Expanding the text here will generate a large amount of data for your browser to display