Article 17. Protocols
1. The Conference of the Parties may, at any ordinary session, adopt
protocols to the Convention.
2. The text of any proposed protocol shall be
communicated to the Parties by the secretariat at least six months before such a
3. The requirements for the entry into force of any protocol shall
be established by that instrument.
4. Only Parties to the Convention may be
Parties to a protocol.
5. Decisions under any protocol shall be taken only
by the Parties to the protocol concerned.