|Bioconversion of Organic Residues for Rural Communities (UNU, 1979)|
|Possible applications of enzyme technology in rural areas|
1. R.A. Messing, Immobilized Enzymes for Industrial Reactors Academic Press, New York, 1975.
2. A.C. Olson and C.L. Cooney, Immobilized Enzymes in Food and Microbial Processes, Plenum Press, New York,1974,
3. O.R. Zaborskv, Immobilized Enzymes, CRC Press, Cleveland, Ohio,1973.
4. T.R. Jack and J.E. Zajic, "The immobilization of Whole Cells," Adv. Biochem. Eng. 5: 125 (1977).
5. J.F. Menchu and C. Rolz, "Coffee Fermentation Technology," paper presented at the American Chemical Society Meeting in Washington, D.C., 13 - 17 Sept. 1971, (unpublished),
6. AID Contract No. csd/2497. A Literature Review and Research Recommendations on Cassava, 1972.
7. J.C. Ayres, "Manioc: The Potential Exists for Increased Use of This Tropical Plant and Its Products," food Technol. 26: 128 (1972).
8. A.C.A. Lages and S.R. Tannenbaum, "Production of Glucose from Tapioca (Cassava Starch) and Farinha de Mandioca (Cassava Meal)," J. food Sci. 43: 1012 (1978)
9. G.G. Teixeira, "Produsao de alcool de Mandioca," Bragantia 10:278 (1950).
10. J. Gordon, M. Jiminez, C.L. Cooney, and D.I.C. Wang, "Sugar Accumulation during Enzyme Hydorlysis and Fermentation of Cellulose, "AIChE Symposium Series No.181, 74: 91 (1978).
11. I.V. Gorbacheva and N.A. Rodionova, "Studies on Xylan Degrading Enzymes. I. Purification and Characterization of endo-1 -4-ß-Xylanase from Aspergillus niger str. 14, " Biochem. Biophys. Acta 484: 79 (1977).
12. S-D. Wang, "Production of Ethanol from Cellulose by Clostrium thermocellum," Master of Science Thesis, Department of Nutrition and Food Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1979.
13. C.L. Cooney, D.I .C. Wang, S -D. Wang, J. Gordon, and M. Jiminez, "Simultaneous Cellulose Hydrolysis and Ethanol Production by a Cellulolytic Anaerobic Bacterium," Biotech. Bioeng. Symposium Series No.8. (in press.)